Best Plastic Dog Houses Review 2021
Plastic dog houses are considered one of the best options for playful dogs. It is essential that you provide your little furry family member with a safe and relaxing place to stay with comfort. There is a wide range of options when you look in the market for dog houses and it becomes very confusing in the end.
You will be amazed to have a look at the options that you get based on shape, size, materials used, and much more. To help you out from this confusing state, here we are with a review that will help you in choosing the perfect dog house for your little friend because you should never compromise on the comfort level of your little friend.
Our Top Pick That Suits All Breeds Of Dogs
Suncast has proved its worth by having 2 of its products on our list. It is definitely an appealing and attractive plastic dog house that adds elegance to your backyard. There are several features like the removable roof, vents, resin construction, etc. that make it the best plastic dog house.
Suncast Outdoor Dog House – Attractive And Appealing Dog House
If you are looking for an attractive outdoor plastic dog house, the Suncast dog house is the perfect piece for your backyard. The modern design made by Suncast is so appealing that it complements your backyard or the patio. This beast has the capacity to stand still during extreme weather conditions in the outdoors.
Suncast is providing dog houses in both small and large sizes so that you can get the perfect one as per your requirements.
- Dimensions – 38.5 x 33 x 32 inches
- Price – under 100
- An attractive outdoor dog house that looks elegant in your backyard and is a perfect fit for pets up to 70 pounds.
- Your pet will remain safe from extreme weather conditions because of the heavy-duty construction from resin.
- There is no need to use tools for assembling this plastic dog house as it is super easy and takes only a few minutes.
- The roof is removable so that it becomes easy for you to clean the house.
- Vents are provided at different places for proper air circulation.
- You can assemble the Suncast Outdoor dog house within a few minutes without using any tools.
Ideal For Small Dogs- Indoor Outdoor All Weather Dog House
If you have a small pup, you are going to find this beautiful dog house a great choice. Once you have a look at it, you will know that it is the perfect plastic dog house for small dogs. This dog house possesses a sturdy and smooth construction made from plastic for the purpose of easy cleaning. This plastic dog house is available in different colors so that you can choose the best color that suits your place.
- Dimensions – 29.53 x 23.62 x 25.98 inches
- Price – under 50
- Make your puppies feel the comfort of this lovely dog house.
- Get hold of a screwdriver and sit for assembling. The entire process of assembling will only take up a few minutes.
- Smooth surfaces make it easy to clean the plastic dog house.
- It is a safe dwelling for your little friend to enjoy comfort.
- The raised floor prevents the flowing water from entering the dog house and thus, keeps your pet dry and comfortable during the rainy season.
- Durable construction holds the dog house firmly during extreme weather conditions.
IRIS USA- Large Plastic Igloo Shaped Indoor Dog House
Next on our list is the IRIS USA Igloo shaped dog house. Your little friend is definitely going to love it because of the cute igloo shape. If you have a mid-size pup, you should check out this indoor plastic dog house that is extremely comfortable for your pets.
It creates a feeling of den for the dogs as it opens in the back. This sturdy dog house is made with durable plastic so that it can stand against extreme weather conditions and keep your dog secure.
You can check the best igloo dog houses reviews here
- Dimensions – 37 x 26.5 x 24 inches
- Price – under 100
- This cute looking igloo-shaped dog house is an ideal pick for mid-sized puppies that weigh approximately 50 pounds.
- There are quick secure latches on different positions that hold the top and the base firmly.
- At the top, there is an adjustable ventilation cap that can be used to control the flow of air on the backside of the plastic dog house.
- The expanded interior allows your pets to move comfortably in their private cozy space.
- The construction is made with durable plastic to make it sturdy enough against extreme weather conditions.
- The assembly of this igloo-shaped dog house is super easy.
Aspen Pet PetBarn 3 – Top Rated Durable And Waterproof Dog House
The Petmate PetBarn has come up with a comfortable and secure outdoor plastic dog house for your pets. It is entirely made of plastic which makes it a waterproof plastic dog house favorable during extreme weather conditions like snow and rain. The dogs remain dry because of the raised entrance level. There are several benefits of the PetBarn plastic dog house. Add elegance to your backyard with the PetBarn plastic dog house.
- Dimensions – 26.5 x 18 x 16.5 inches
- Price – under 50
- Long-lasting and durable dog house because of the all-plastic construction provides reliable protection to your pets.
- Offer your pups’ all-weather protection with the extended roof rim and the raised interior floor to keep your pet dry from flowing water.
- The barn is easy to assemble with the quick snap latches that do not require any tools.
- Petbarn remains cool and comfortable for your pets due to the rear ventilation for the proper flow of air.
- There are 4 sizes of petbarn’s available in the market ranging from 15 pounds to approximately 90 pounds.
- Improve your pet’s lifestyle with the help of Petbarn’s all-plastic dog house.
Suncast -Outdoor Plastic Dog House For Large Dogs
Are you looking for something attractive that suits your backyard? If yes, then the Suncast Outdoor Dog House is an excellent option. You can rely on this plastic dog house for cold weather, as it will keep your pet protected against extreme weather conditions.
If you are living in cold regions, you can consider this option for your pet’s comfort. It is a perfect solution for your backyard and especially for your pets. You can check our best dog house heater here.
- Dimensions – 35 x 27 x 29.5 inches
- Price – under 100
- Suncast Outdoor dog house is an attractive one that is an ideal plastic dog house for large dogs up to 70 pounds.
- Embrace the elegance of this attractive dog house in your backyard, deck, and patio.
- Heavy-duty resin is used to make a sturdy and durable construction.
- The crowned floor is designed to keep your pet dry and comfortable during all weather conditions.
- The assembly of the dog house can be completed without any hassle in a snap of your fingers without using any tools.
- The elegant design complements your outdoor place and even after several washes, the shine never fades.
- It provides your pets with all-weather protection and comfort.
Plastic Dog House FAQs
How do you insulate a plastic dog house?
The perfect way to insulate a plastic dog house is to make use of Styrofoam. All you need to do is cut panels of foam that are matching the inside walls, floor, and ceiling of the plastic dog house. Attack those foam panels on the insides of the dog house with the help of glue or staple.
Once you are done with it and then cover the pieces of foam with similar-sized pieces of durable plastic or wood. This is the entire procedure to insulate a plastic dog house.
Which is better – A Wooden dog house or A best Plastic dog house?
It completely depends upon the temperature of your region and also on what your pet finds comfortable. According to standard reviews, wood is considered to be better than plastic when it comes to dog houses. The reason is that plastic absorbs heat and cold. It fluctuates according to weather situations. It does not create a pleasant environment for the dog during extreme weather conditions.
Can we put a dog heater in a plastic dog house?
Yes, you can definitely put a heater in the plastic dog house if your dog needs it. You can make use of heater boxes to increase the temperature in dog houses if you are living in extremely cold regions. These heaters are kept away from the reach of the dogs for their safety.
If you are not living in extremely cold regions, then there won’t be any need for a heater because plastic dog houses are insulated well to remain cool during summer and hot during winters.
Are plastic dog houses good for hot weather?
Yes, you can utilize a plastic dog house for hot weather once you are done having a look at the ventilation provided by it. If there is a proper arrangement made for the ventilation of air, then there won’t be any issues for the dog and it will keep your pet cool during summer.
Buyers Guide For Choosing Best Plastic Dog House
There are several things to consider when you think about purchasing a dog house. If you wish to have the perfect house for your dog, you should keep these factors in mind.
The first thing to consider is the size of the house for your pup. This will narrow down your search a lot as many of them will be eliminated from your list because of being too small or too big.
Dog houses are available in different styles, and you need to decide the best style that suits your dog. There are three main styles of dogs.
- Entire year
- Cute aesthetics
- Stable in windy weathers
- The ideal one for the winter season
- The best thing is the shade
- Easy to assemble and disassemble
- Perfect for hot weather
Dog House Materials
Earlier the only material used to make dog houses were wood, but now the trend has changed. With innovations, people are trying out a plastic dog house. There is a different set of pros and cons for every material used to make the dog house.
People care about how their or their dog’s house looks like, but dogs don’t care about how it looks. The only thing that a dog cares about is that the house should be comfortable and it should be able to keep him dry. Do not sacrifice your pet’s comfort to look better among your neighbors by purchasing something that your dog doesn’t like.
You should never forget to consider the climate because it plays a very important role. Before choosing a dog house, get familiar with all the precipitation patterns and also the typical temperature in your area. This is the ideal way to know whether the dog house will keep your pet comfortable or not.