Best Covered Litter Boxes – Why You Need This
If your cat is a privacy lover while doing her business, then definitely this is an overall ultimate solution to your cat’s needs. It is natural that we love to have privacy while doing our secret business, so does the cats wants to enjoy that added privacy.
The best covered litter boxes reviewed here, so that you can select the one that it most suitable for you and for your cats.
The covered cat litter box is same as the traditional litter pan, but it is covered from all sides including the top. There are different shapes of covered cat litter boxes and they are available in different sizes and colors. Mostly these are designed to place in the corner and less visited areas of your house.
The main quality of best hidden litter box is that you will not have to see the waste clumping into the litter. Furthermore, you will be saved from that bad odor coming out from the litter box. Hence, you can say that hidden cat litter boxes are the best cat litter boxes for odor control.
An interesting question I often heard from cat lovers that why does my cat poop outside the litter box? Many cat owners couldn’t find the reason behind this. The answer is that cats are moody creatures and they are picky about their environment. So I suggest the owners of such moody cats to go for the best litter box for picky cats i.e. fully covered cat litter boxes. They want their privacy, and you can provide them their deserved privacy by buying them a hidden cat litter box just under $50.
IRIS Jumbo Litter Box with Litter Scoop
The IRIS Jumbo Litter Box is an ultimate solution for picky cats. It caters all their needs, i.e. more space, covered from all four sides and easy passage to get inside the litter box. It has flip door that keeps the litter and odor contained within the litter box.
You can place it in the corner of room or any private area that is least visited. This particular model comes in two different designs i.e. Open top and jumbo with hood. It has two colors, so you can select the navy blue or almond color.
This covered litter box has a scoop with it that you can use to clean the litter from the tray. It has a handle on the top, which makes portability easy. Overall, it is the best covered litter box under $20.
Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box
This Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box is best for multiple cats. Yes, if you have more than two cats at home, then this is an ideal option for you. It is an ideal choice for large cats. So if you have big cats at home, then this is good solution for you.
It is very economical and easy on your pocket. You can grab it in just under $35. You can say that you can have a self cleaning litter box within your limited budget. The shape is very unique as compared to other cat litter boxes available in the market. It has a rounded shape and has a plastic grill inside the box.
Cats can easily go inside the litter box, use the litter box with full comfort. Once the cat is done with her business, you can simply roll the litter box. The clumped litter will go out into a separate tray and the clean litter will remain in the box. Finally, you can clean the tray by pulling it out.
Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box is designed in such a way that it controls odor. Furthermore, how can I forget to mention that it ensures privacy of your furry friend, as it is covered from all sides. Hence, you can rely on this cat litter box if your cat is picky about her gears.
Best Litter Pans – Why You Need This
Do you need the best cat litter pans instead of all in one solution and are you having a tight budget? If Yes! Then traditional litter pans serve your problem very well. They are cost effective, yet serve the basic needs of your cats. The ideal litter pan has a rectangular shape and it is made of plain plastic.
All you have to do is to put in litter in the tray and you are good to go with it. If we talk about the design, then it is important to mention that it comes in different sizes. You can use the litter trays for your kittens and you can also use the litter pans for your big cats that are mighty in size.
You can use these best cat litter pans for male cats and female cats. If your cat likes to spread the litter, then go for a deep depth litter pan that is large in size. You can easily clean up the litter pan with the help of a scoop. A few cat litter pans come with a scoop while for others you need to buy a scoop separately.
Catit Cat Litter Pan
This is the premium quality cat litter pan that servers the most of the features that other ordinary litter pans does not serve. If you are looking for cost effective traditional cat litter pan then I would suggest you to not look further and buy Catit Cat Litter Pan with Rim just under $25.
This litter pan is designed differently from other litter pans available in the market. It has rims on all sides that categories it as cat litter pan large and most suitable for large cats. The reason is that big cats make more mess around, and it serves the purpose of retaining the litter into the pan.
So you do not need to worry about cleaning the surrounding area. The best part is that you can use all types of litter in this traditional cat litter pan. If you have a kitten, you can buy the non clumping litter for kittens. The best litter for adult cats is clumping litter or crystal like litter. It will help to absorb the odor and makes the cleaning process easy.
If you are a lazy person to clean the traditional cat litter pan on a daily basis, then Petmate Giant Litter Pan for Cats, is the most suitable choice for you. This litter pan is giant is size, so you can buy this litter pan for large cats. If your kitten is very playful and likes to play with the litter, then you should go for this one.
It has a good depth and big walls, so you do not need to worry about cleaning the floor. You just need to clean the litter pan and that too after a few days. It has two different compartments that give you an option of keeping plastic bags and cat litter scoop in it.
Furthermore, it has double layer of plastic that helps in the stability of litter pan while mobility of your cat. It is heavy enough to stay intact while your cat is using it. The best part of Petmate Giant Litter Pan for Cats is having Microban Antimicrobial Product Protection that helps to kill the germs and odor causing bacteria. So if you are looking for a traditional cat litter pan that controls odor, then do not give it a second thought.
This litter pan is affordable and you can get it just under $20, which is a very reasonable price.
Cat Litter Boxes According to Your Cat Needs
What’s the best cat litter for kittens?
In addition to the best litter for kitten boxes being healthy, safe and attractive to felines, they should also be convenient and as mess-free, and odor-free as much as possible. Other qualities to look for include the possession of good natural deodorization properties; without using fragrances, and have good urine clumping with easy and fast waste removal. The litter box’s texture should be dusty, and it needs a cat-friendly prevent rejection.
The purchase cost must be affordable to make the pet owner not to give up on other cat needs such as foods and grooming. After purchase the maintenance must be cheap and easily performed without the engagement of extra labor that costs money.
The best litter for kitten box should be the right size for the specific cat and easily fit in the place desired with causing obstruction or taking too much space in the house.
You should consider all the factors that lead to the best choice of the kitty litter box and put into consideration the nature of the kitten you want to be eliminating in the litter box.
SmartCat Corner Litter Box
This is the best match for your kitten needs. It is designed especially for kittens by keeping their needs in mind. As we know that kittens are very naughty and playful, so it is designed in such a way to minimize the chances of creating any mess around the litter box. It has high sides and premium quality plastic is used.
Furthermore, it is heavy in weight, so that it stays intact with the floor. This kitty litter tray can adjust in any corner of your house.
Finally, it is very affordable and you can get this kitten litter tray under $20. So it is a deal maker for you, if you are looking for the best option for your little furry fellow.
Tips for Getting Your Cat to Use the Litter Box
One good thing about cats is that they are very easy to house train than most of the other domestic animals. Their IQ is a bit higher. Amazingly, long before a kitten learns where it should eliminate; it reliably heads to its litter box. This eases the lives of the people in the home.
Contrary to the common believe that mother cat teaches their kittens to utilize the litter boxes, it does not. If you buy a kitten, or adopt a cat of any age, some house training must be done.
Selecting the right litter box for your cat mean the difference between immediate litter box training success and life-long cat box wobbles. So, the type of litter box you choose is very important.
Points to Consider when Choosing a Litter box
1. The cat litter box should have low sides to allow easy entry and exit.
2. In case, the cat has bad aim, go for a box with higher sides for it helps keep litter and waste off the floor. In this particular situation, Jumbo cat litter box will serve the purpose.
3. The material for a cat litter box should be heavy, and possibly made of durable plastic because it’s easy to clean and lasts longer.
4. The box should be spacious enough to allow the cat to turn inside.
5. Cat litter boxes facilitate the cat’s natural tendency to cover its waste.
Steps in Litter Box Training your Cat
1. First you need to place the litter-box is the right location. Majority of cats love quiet, and private spaces. It is advisable to choose a location that is distant from your cat’s food and water. Hidden cat litter boxes make them feed well away from the smells of their droppings.
2. Second, cover the bottom of the box with some litter so that the cat can be able to cover their droppings.
3. Next, once the box is completed, place the cat inside to get used to the smells and the feel.
4. Keep the cat in the hidden cat litter boxes for several times in a day especially after feeding, in case you find the cat eliminating elsewhere disrupt the action and take it to the box. And remember to reward the cat every time it eliminates in the box.
5. You may need to move the box to a different area or change the type of litter to see which pleases the cat most.
6. If the cat is hard to train, you might need to use containment method (forced).
In most cases, the above five steps do work for most cats, hence no need of using the containment last result. A litter box trained cat provides good household relationship with the people leading to the existence of much love.
Note that, there should always be an extra empty box around.
Traditional Litter Boxes Vs Self Cleaning Litter Boxes Vs Automatic Litter Boxes. Which one Do I Recommend?
Today we are all looking for convenience in the equipment that we use. So, I recommend to any cat owner to go for the automatic cat litter box which has more advantages than the traditional and the self-cleaning litter boxes. Both require much more human intervention which may be inconveniencing to some people.
Advantages of Automatic Cat Litter Boxes Over others
1. It helps you save time and effort
The automatic litter box cleans itself after the cat eliminates so you do not need keep cleaning it and manually scoop the poop. The things you will still need to do is to dispose the waste bag and replace the old litter with fresh one. You may also be required to remove pieces of litter that may be stuck on the sides of the box.
2. It significantly reduces odor
Automatic litter boxes quickly remove the waste and spent litter and keep them in a separate compartment. This makes the litter box to stay clean, fresh and odorless.
3. It minimizes on your litter
In other litter boxes the pet owners have to scoop solid waste a few times in a day, or every couple of days. Both ways, waste ends up sitting in the box for a few hours or days. This means that most of it is absorbed by the litter which then needs to be thrown out.
An automatic litter box immediately disposed the waste hence the litter in the box experiences less clumping making it to extend its life. This makes the litter to be only replaced once every two months compared to one month in other types of litter boxes and it saves on cost.
4. Automatic litter boxes match your cat’s fastidious habits
Cats like doing their business in clean environment. This is matched by the mechanism’s removal of poop and clumped litter immediately it’s deposited making the box to stay neat and fresh all through. The cats in these boxes do not need to dig around the litter to relieve themselves without sacrificing their cleanliness and hygiene.
5. It gives you peace of mind when absent
If you have to work longer than usual or travel for some time, the automatic litter box gives you peace of mind in that you are sure to find your cat clean and comfortably using the litter box.
Some disadvantages of Using an Automatic Litter Box
1. It is obviously more expensive than other types
2. It sometimes frightens your cat
3. It might breakdown when you are away
4. It can get in the way of your cats’ safety
Here’s how to select the perfect litter for your kitten
In choosing the best litter for kitten, the nature and quality of the materials making the litter must be keenly considered. With sheer lack, you may hit the best choice for you cat with the first trial, but if you do not, then you will have to try a few types of litters to get the one that favors your cat.
Basically, you need to settle for the litter that first is safe for your cat, absorbs and eliminates bad odors, like by your cat, and looks neat in the litter box.
- For starters, opt for that is natural such as the clay-based litters. Clay is very efficient in urine absorption and is readily available in many places. Unfortunately, the clay litters are a bit dusty and could lead to sneezing and coughing of your feline.
- In case, the clay-based litters do not work for your cat, then you should try the plant-based litters. These cat litters are made from natural recycled materials such as corn cobs, wheat bran and wood pellets.
- The plant-based litters are advantageous in that they are environmentally friendly, stable with kittens responding positively to them. In case of accidental ingestion, the litters are safe and have no side effects on your kitty.
- The plant-based litters are available too, but are a bit expensive than the clay.
- The third choice to test is the silica-based litters. These are best for cat owners who live in small spaces such as apartments. Silica litters are made with synthetic materials hence are not natural.
- However, their absorption ability of the cat’s urine is enviable, and they dehydrate the cat’s poop very fast on top of being very easy to clean.
- On the flip side, most cats hate the silica litter texture and make the cats avoid them and start defecating outside the litter box.
- Also, the silica crystal litter is very expensive compared to other litters and it recommended that you do not dispose them through flushing especially in large amounts.
- Avoid scented litters for they might affect the cat hence reject them
- Try out the light litters for they are ease to clean.
What’s the best cat litter box for large cats?
Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box
The Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box is suitable for big cats or multiple cat households. The internal mechanism automatically deposits the clumped waste into the pull-out waste tray for disposal.
There is the separation of clumped litter from the clean litter, hence saves on litter. This cat litter box saves you money with no extra scoops, liners and filters to buy. It greatly affordable going for under $30
- Cat litter box cleaning is done by rolling to the right and back again
- Waste collects in the pullout scoop for quick and easy disposal
- Controls dust, contains odors and reduce floor soiling with the cat paw sanitizer mat
- Ideal for big cats or multiple-cat households
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
- Come with a 1-year warranty
- This Cat litter box cleaning is very easily
- It’s self-cleans and easy to use
- No electricity, filters and cat paw sanitizer mat needed
- Easy Assembly using the user manual attached
- Large litter box self-cleans by rolling to the right and back again
- Waste collects in the pullout tray for quick, easy disposal
- Ideal for big cats or multiple-cat households
- Effectively controls dust and contains odors
- Care must be taken to make the correct assembly lest it will not work
- It’s very delicate and breaks easily
- The system only works with clumping litter
The best cat litter box to keep dogs out?
Modkat Litter Box, Top-Entry
Modkat Litter Box is an award-winning litter box with great looks. It virtually completely eliminates litter tracking. All details of this patented design are thoughtfully considered, with the locking lid acting as a walk-off mat to prevent litter from soiling your floors. The scoop has an ergonomic handle that move clumps like a champ. For the Modkat Reusable Liner, it is resilient to scratching, easy to clean and made to fit. It’s a premium litter box going under $100.
- Has a top-entry, looks appealing, and minimizes litter tracking,
- It includes Scoop and Reusable Liner
- Comes with a swivel lid for easy cleaning
- Reusable liners are rip-resistant and easily cleaned, and can last up to 3 months
- It beautiful and complements your room
- Dimensions: Box dimensions: 16in x 16in x 15in tall.
- Entry dimensions: Approximately 9in diameter.
- Liner dimensions: 16in x 16in x 10in tall.
- Prevents litter tracking and spraying.
- Easy access to the cat litter pans with large entry and swivel lid
- You can reuse the liner for 3-months.
- Comes with everything you need; a full height seamless base to prevent leaks, an easy open swivel lid, large hanging litter scoop, and a reusable tarp liner for effortless litter removal.
- The “tarp” liner is sown at the seams and the pee manages pass it under the tarp and pools there where the litter can’t soak and clump up the icky.
- The tarp is not water proof hence not the best way to keep litter box odor free